News 8 Now honored by Wisconsin Broadcasters Association
News 8 Now is honored to be awarded Best News Operation of the Year (Small Market) from the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association.
It was one of several awards earned by our dedicated journalists for our work in 2020. Like so many front line workers, the WKBT team found a way to pull together and rise to the challenges that came with working during a pandemic.
“Local news coverage was a lifeline for many people as we came together to keep each other safe in unprecedented times,” said News Director Anne Paape. “The News 8 Now team always finds a way to rise to a challenge and stay focused on telling the stories of what’s happening in our communities.”
Our station also earned a number of other awards including:
- Best Continuing Coverage for America Decides 2020;
- Best News Writing for the story of a La Crosse business owner donating a guitar to a Sparta soldier serving overseas;
- Best Hard News/Investigative for “Breaking the Silence,” a story of faith and forgiveness in the wake of abuse inside the Catholic Church;
- Best Live on Scene Reporting for News 8 Now’s Jordan Fremstad;
- Best Use of Video for “Falling in Love,” a story of autumn colors and family memories;
- Best Significant Community Impact for coverage of Steppin’ Out In Pink;
- Best Original Digital Content for the COVID-19 Reality Check; and,
- Best Use of Social Media.
While there wasn’t an in-person event this year, here are a selection of photos of News 8 Now staff with our awards:
COPYRIGHT 2021 BY NEWS 8 NOW/NEWS 8000. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. THIS MATERIAL MAY NOT BE PUBLISHED, BROADCAST, REWRITTEN OR REDISTRIBUTED.