2 sickened by carbon monoxide at Madison horse fair
MADISON, Wis. — Two people were taken to a hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning that happened at the Midwest Horse Fair being held at the Alliant Energy Center.
Crews were called to the fair at 9:55 a.m. Friday for a report of a man in a camper who was not responding.
Authorities at the scene told News 8’s sister station, WISC the patients were taken to an oxygen chamber and that they were semi-conscious when they were taken out.
Midwest Horse Fair spokesperson Paul Nemec said one of the vendors noticed horses that weren’t being cared for and alerted officials.
They said a generator in the camper was likely the source of the carbon monoxide.