La CROSSE, Wis. - The Wisconsin Department of Natural Recourses (DNR) has suspended burning permits in 33 counties across the state, including La Crosse County.
As of Tuesday afternoon, the DNR says the fire rating in western Wisconsin is "Very High."
Here is how the DNR measures forest fire danger
- Extreme - Explosive conditions—worst possible danger. Burning strongly not recommended.
- Very High - Very dangerous conditions—fires very difficult to control. Burning not recommended.
- High - Dangerous conditions—fires difficult to control. Burning not recommended.
- Moderate - Fires spread quickly. Burn with extreme caution.
- Low - Fires spread slowly—safest time to burn.
For more information on burning restrictions you can go to the DNR's website