Flash Flood Watch:
Issued at: 4:47 am CDT on September 25, 2016, expires at: 7:00 PM CDT on September 25, 2016
- ...Flash Flood Watch remains in effect into early this evening... The Flash Flood Watch continues for
- portions of northeast Iowa...southeast Minnesota...and southwest into central Wisconsin.
- Through early this evening
- a quick 1/4 to locally 1 inch of rain is possible.
- Grounds are saturated and cannot handle any more rainfall. Any additional rain will runoff into rivers and streams...and could result in more flash flooding. Rock and mud slides are also possible in hilly terrain. Precautionary/preparedness actions... A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation. You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action should flash flood warnings be issued. Wetenkamp
Issued at: 3:49 am CDT on September 25, 2016, expires at: 7:00 AM CDT on September 28, 2016
- The Flood Warning continues for the Kickapoo river at Readstown.
- Until Monday evening...or until the warning is cancelled.
- At 3:00 am Sunday the stage was 13.7 feet.
- Flood stage is 11.0 feet.
- Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
- The river will continue to fall...dropping below flood stage by Monday morning.
- At 13.0 feet...water is up to the bottom of the Charles street bridge. Lat...Lon 4348 9073 4347 9078 4341 9079 4341 9077 4346 9072 349 am CDT sun Sep 25 2016 The Flood Warning continues for the Kickapoo river at Viola.
- Until Monday afternoon...or until the warning is cancelled.
- Flood stage is 14.0 feet.
- The river will continue to fall...dropping below flood stage by later this afternoon
- at 15.0 feet...banker park and campground in Viola experiences significant flooding. Lat...Lon 4354 9070 4348 9073 4346 9072 4347 9066 4353 9064 329 am CDT sun Sep 25 2016 The Flood Warning continues for the Mississippi River at La Crosse.
- From this evening to Wednesday morning...or until the warning is cancelled.
- At 11:15 PM Saturday the stage was 11.3 feet.
- Flood stage is 12.0 feet.
- Minor flooding is forecast.
- The river is forecast to rise above flood stage by this evening and continue to rise to near 12.1 feet by Monday. The river will fall below flood stage by Tuesday.
- At 12.0 feet...Pettibone campground and RV park is flooded. Road access to the north end of the Shore Acres development is impacted by flooding. Some lowland flooding occurs in other areas near the river. Lat...Lon 4401 9142 4388 9120 4357 9122 4361 9127 4399 9145
La Crosse Almanac
|Record High:||89° in 1920|
|Record Low:||30° in 1942|
|Sunrise:||6:56 AM CDT|
|Sunset:||6:55 PM CDT|
|Moonrise:||1:26 AM CDT|
|Moonset:||4:09 PM CDT|
|Today's Moon:||Waning crescent|
More Weather Maps
- Local Radar
- Regional Radar
- National Radar
- Current Conditions
- Watches & Warnings
- Local Severe Risks
- Regional Severe Risks
- National Severe Risks
- Local Snow Forecast
- Regional Snow Forecast
- National Snow Forecast
- Wind Probability
- Hail Probability
- Lightning Strikes
- Local Severe Reports
- Regional Severe Reports
- National Severe Reports
- Snow Resort Data