Fire Weather Warning:
Issued at: 4:03 am CDT on April 18, 2015, expires at: 7:00 PM CDT on April 18, 2015
...Red flag warning in effect from 11 am this morning to 7 PM CDT
this evening for gusty winds and low humidity for portions of
The National Weather Service in La Crosse has issued a red flag
warning...which is in effect from 11 am this morning to 7 PM CDT
- Affected area...in Wisconsin...Jackson...Monroe...Juneau and
- Timing...11 am to 7 PM.
- Wind...east winds increasing to 14 to 18 mph by late this
morning with gusts approaching 25 mph at times this afternoon.
- Humidity...falling into the 19 to 22 percent range this
- Temperatures...maximum temperatures of 65 to 68.
- Impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Avoid all outdoor burning today.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures will
create explosive fire growth potential.