WKBT may offer chat rooms, discussion forums, bulletin boards, and other similar services (collectively, "Interactive Services"). WKBT does not control the User Content submitted to the Interactive Services. We provide the Interactive Services for the convenience of our Users, but expect that you will use them responsibly. As a result, you agree that you will use the Interactive Services only to send and receive content that is proper to the Interactive Services.
Specific Restrictions on Use of Associated Press Material
Content provided by the Associated Press and CNN, including information, data, text, photographs, graphics, audio and/or video material, shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium, and may not be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use. The Associated Press and CNN will not be liable for any delays, inaccuracies, errors or omissions in any such content, or in the transmission or delivery of all or any part thereof, or for any damages arising there from.
Blogs and Commentaries
The opinions expressed on all blogs and commentaries are the personal opinions of the authors. Blogs and commentaries published here are not reviewed or approved by Morgan Murphy Media before they are posted and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Morgan Murphy Media and/or WKBT.
WKBT reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Service and terminating the membership of such violators.
Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to, User Content that:
- is patently offensive and/or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- contains nudity, or violence;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- contains or promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protection, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains encrypted, password-only or otherwise restricted access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- contains material that you do not have the right to transmit under law or contractual or fiduciary relationships; or
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes.
4) Prohibited Conduct
WKBT reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action in its sole discretion against anyone who violates engages in Prohibited Conduct, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Service and terminating the membership of such violators. Prohibited Conduct includes, but is not limited to:
- restricting or inhibiting any other Member or user from using and enjoying the Interactive Services;
- abusing, harassing, stalking, threatening, harming or otherwise violating the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
submitting, posting, distributing or otherwise disseminating User Content that,
- is Prohibited Content;
- contains viruses, corrupted files, malware, spyware, adware or any other similar software or programs;
- contains advertisements, any solicitation of funds, goods or services, or any other Content which has a primarily commercial purpose;
- encouraging users to participate in surveys, contests, or chain letters;
- compromising, or potentially compromising, the security of the Website;
- causing damage to the Website or any Website Content; or
- imposing a disproportionately large load on the WebSite’s infrastructure.
- Covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any Website page via HTML/CSS or any other means;
- Any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends;
- Impersonating another person;
- Using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time;
- Disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account; or
- Selling or otherwise transferring your profile.
To protect our Members from prohibited advertising or solicitation, WKBT reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which WKBT deems appropriate in its sole discretion.
Linking and Framing
You may link to our home page, provided that any such link does not imply any sponsorship of your site by WKBT. If you wish to link to material contained at other levels within the site, please contact us at email@example.com to request permission to do so. You may not frame or otherwise incorporate into any other website or service any of the Website Content without WKBT’s prior written permission. Requests for permission to frame our content may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hypertext links to third-party websites do not constitute or imply an endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation by us of the third-party website or the information contained therein.
5) DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIABILITY
The Website is provided for informational purposes only. We strive to make the information as accurate as possible, but errors may appear. WKBT is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Website Content or User Content, whether caused by users of the Website, Members or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Service. WKBT is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Website or Member of the Service. WKBT is not responsible for the stations or conduct of, and does not guarantee the performance of goods and services provided by, any of our advertisers or by any third party, including third parties to whose website we link. The links on this Website are designed for convenience only, and do not constitute an endorsement by WKBT of that site or any product, service or other material offered on that site. Information provided by other News8000.com Members (for instance, in their Profile) may contain inaccurate, inappropriate or offensive material, products or services and WKBT assumes no responsibility or liability for this material. WKBT reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including email) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Website and/or Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability. By participating in any offline WKBT event, you agree to release and hold WKBT harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, either directly or indirectly related to or arising from your participation in any such offline WKBT event. WKBT assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any user or Member communication. WKBT is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to users and/or Members or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading materials in connection with the Website and/or in connection with the Service. Under no circumstances shall WKBT be responsible for any loss or damage, including personal injury or death, resulting from use of the Website or the Service or from any Content posted on the Website or transmitted to Members, or any interactions between users of the Website, whether online or offline. WKBT cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Website and/or the Service.
This site is controlled and operated by WKBT from its offices within the United States of America. WKBT makes no representation that materials in the site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this site from other countries do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. You may not use or export the Content in violation of and U.S. export law or regulation.
YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR THE USE OF THE WEBSITE AND THE INTERNET GENERALLY. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THERE MAY BE DELAYS, OMISSIONS, INACCURACIES, OR OTHER PROBLEMS WITH THE CONTENT, AND YOU AGREE THAT YOU RELY ON THE CONTENT SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE WEBSITE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITH NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF CURRENTNESS, CORRECTNESS, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, AND FREEDOM FROM ERRORS, VIRUSES, BUGS, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. IN NO EVENT SHALL WKBT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE, EVEN IF WKBT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WKBT DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. (SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF DAMAGES AND AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF WKBT IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.)
This Agreement remains in effect until terminated by WKBT, and such termination may occur at any time without notice for any reason, effective upon sending notice to you at the email address you provide in your Membership application or other email address as you may subsequently provide to WKBT. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access the Website, and the restrictions imposed on you with respect to material downloaded from the Website, the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities set forth in this agreement, shall survive. You may terminate your Membership at any time.
7) Jurisdiction; Miscellaneous
8) Disputes Among Members or Users
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members or Users. WKBT reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between or among Members or Users.
You understand and agree that you are personally responsible for your behavior on the Website and for your use of the Website Content or User Content. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless QueenB Television, LLC, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, joint venturers, business partners, licensors, employees, agents, and any third-party information providers from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from or arising out of your use of the Website or your use of the Website Content or User Content, any violation by you of this Agreement, or any activity related to your user account (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the Web Site through your user information.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and WKBT regarding the use of the Website and/or the Service and supersedes all previous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to such subject matter. The failure of WKBT to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. Please contact us with any questions regarding this Agreement.