RIVER FALLS, WI - UW-La Crosse captured the 2013 WIAC men's and women's cross country championships Saturday.
The Eagles women won their seventh first-place trophy in program history, and first since 2006, with 34 points to exceed UW-Stevens Point's second-place sum of 78.
UW-La Crosse's Laura Mead claimed the individual title, completing the 6,000-meter course in 21:46.39. She is the sixth person in program history to do so.
The Eagles men won their league-leading 32nd championship plaque, and seventh in the last 10 years, with 53 points to nip UW-Eau Claire's second-place total of 58.
UW-La Crosse's Alex Ciesielski finished eighth in 24:52.17, UW-La Crosse's Josh Dedering ninth in 24:53.15, UW-La Crosse's Garrett Kerska 10th in 24:57.86, UW-La Crosse's Jacob Peterson 11th in 24:58.51.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Russian hockey star Alex Ovechkin: 'I'm neutral'
- Rory McIlroy 'bitterly disappointed' by injury
- Obama welcomes in world champion Chicago Cubs