MADISON, Wis. (WKBT) - Onalaska Co-op senior Theresa Knutson might not have accomplished her biggest goal --a state title-- but she tallied a lot of other goals, 286 to be exact.
The U-Conn commit finishes second all-time in career goals scored, according to the National Federation of State High School Associations.
Natalie Darwitz (Eagan, Minn.) is first on the list with 316. Having scored 59 goals her freshman year, 72 her sophomore year, 77 her junior season and 78 this season, Theresa Knutson is second with 286.
"She meant everything," said Ona Co-op Head Coach Tim Franzini. "It's nice when you have someone that skilled and that talented to build your team around. We asked her to make the players around her better and she did that, and not only did she do that, she was a great leader and she deserves everything she's got.
"There's not a more dedicated, committed girl out there that loves the game and the passion she has for the game and stuff. The unfortunate thing is we didn't get a state championship for her, which would have been the ultimate stuff."
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Russian hockey star Alex Ovechkin: 'I'm neutral'
- Rory McIlroy 'bitterly disappointed' by injury
- Obama welcomes in world champion Chicago Cubs