GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) - Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Tom Clements says he's "flattered" to be drawing interest from other teams. He says his focus remains on the Minnesota Vikings.
Clements told the Green Bay Press-Gazette and ESPNWisconsin.com on Wednesday that the Chicago Bears have asked the Packers for permission to talk to Clements about their head coaching position. Permission has been granted, but NFL rules prohibit Clements from talking to the Bears at least until after Saturday night's playoff game against Minnesota.
This isn't the first time the Bears have had interest in Clements. They wanted to talk to him in 2010 about being their offensive coordinator, but were blocked by the Packers.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Russian hockey star Alex Ovechkin: 'I'm neutral'
- Rory McIlroy 'bitterly disappointed' by injury
- Obama welcomes in world champion Chicago Cubs
- Lady Gaga practicing for Super Bowl in her backyard