IRVING, Texas (AP) — Dallas Cowboys linebacker Anthony Spencer will play in his first Pro Bowl, replacing the injured Clay Matthews of Green Bay.
The Cowboys announced the move Friday. Fellow Cowboys Jason Witten and DeMarcus Ware were also picked for the NFL's all-star showcase that will be played in Honolulu on Jan. 27, a week before the Super Bowl.
Witten was selected as a reserve and will be playing in his eighth career Pro Bowl. Ware was named a starter for the seventh straight year, but is unable to attend this year due to injury.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Russian hockey star Alex Ovechkin: 'I'm neutral'
- Rory McIlroy 'bitterly disappointed' by injury
- Obama welcomes in world champion Chicago Cubs
- Lady Gaga practicing for Super Bowl in her backyard