MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The University of Minnesota has promoted associate athletic director and director of football operations Dan O'Brien.
O'Brien was named senior associate athletics director overseeing the Gopher football program and athletics facilities. The university announced his promotion Monday.
Minnesota director of athletics Norwood Teague says O'Brien's work with the Gopher football program "speaks for itself."
O'Brien is moving into the slot vacated by David Benedict, who left for Auburn.
O'Brien came to the Gophers in 2008 after six years as AD at Hamline and four years in the same role at Concordia University. He was a member of the TCF Bank Stadium design team.
Minnesota director of player personnel Adam Clark will take over as director of football operations.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Russian hockey star Alex Ovechkin: 'I'm neutral'
- Rory McIlroy 'bitterly disappointed' by injury
- Obama welcomes in world champion Chicago Cubs