ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) - Nate Condon scored twice and Adam Wilcox made 22 saves to help top-seeded Minnesota beat Robert Morris 7-3 on Saturday in the NCAA West Regional semifinals.
The Big Ten regular-season champion Gophers (26-6-6) will face the Notre Dame-St. Cloud State winner Sunday for a spot in the Frozen Four.
Kyle Rau, Mike Reilly, Hudson Fasching, Michael Brodzinski and Justin Kloos also scored for Minnesota. The Gophers took a 3-0 lead in the first period and outshot the Colonials 50-25.
Condon opened the scoring with a beautiful goal on an end-to-end rush, then clinched the win with a short-handed empty-net goal with 1:48 left.
Cody Wydo and Zac Lynch scored for Robert Morris (19-18-5) late in the second period to cut it to 4-2. David Friedmann also scored, and Dalton Izyk made 43 saves.
The Colonials were making their first NCAA tournament appearance.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Russian hockey star Alex Ovechkin: 'I'm neutral'
- Rory McIlroy 'bitterly disappointed' by injury
- Obama welcomes in world champion Chicago Cubs
- Lady Gaga practicing for Super Bowl in her backyard