MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Rudy Gay had 28 points and nine rebounds to help the Memphis Grizzlies withstand a weak start to the fourth quarter and beat the Minnesota Timberwolves for the eighth straight time, 91-84 on Tuesday night.
J.J. Barea scored a season-high 28 points on 5-for-9 shooting from 3-point range to go with eight assists and five rebounds, but the Timberwolves lost their 11th straight -- and their 27th consecutive game in April. They have three more tries this season to stop that streak.
Zach Randolph added 16 points and 11 rebounds for the Grizzlies, who moved within two games of the Los Angeles Clippers for fourth place in the Western Conference and crept closer toward clinching a playoff spot.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Packers WR Nelson unlikely to play vs. Falcons
- Russian hockey star Alex Ovechkin: 'I'm neutral'
- Rory McIlroy 'bitterly disappointed' by injury
- Obama welcomes in world champion Chicago Cubs