LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - One night after a benches clearing fracas, Jason Nell's squad stayed hot.
The Loggers beat Kalamazoo 3-0, sweeping the Growlers. The Lakeshore Chinooks lost, so La Crosse (17-8) moves into first place by 0.5 games. There are nine games remaining in the first half.
"It feels good. The boys are playing well right now," said Loggers Manager Jason Nell. "They're gelling well together, most of our guys are in right now, so it feels good to be playing good baseball in front of our fans."
Loggers General Manager Chris Goodell told News 8 that Kalamazoo Manager Joe Carbone was suspended three games for his role in Friday night's incident.
"Last night was crazy, the amount of support we got, even today, hot afternoon. It was good. It motivated the boys. Really excited for the boys. They're playing all aspects of the game really well right now."
La Crosse travels to take on the Wisconsin Woodchucks Sunday evening.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Russian hockey star Alex Ovechkin: 'I'm neutral'
- Rory McIlroy 'bitterly disappointed' by injury
- Obama welcomes in world champion Chicago Cubs
- Lady Gaga practicing for Super Bowl in her backyard