Patriots defensive back Devin McCourty underwent surgery on his shoulder earlier this offseason, but he is expected to be ready for the start of training camp, according to multiple sources. It is not known which shoulder McCourty had the surgery performed. In 2011, McCourty played through a separated right shoulder. The surgery was considered routine, aimed at strengthening the shoulder, and was performed shortly after the Patriots lost in the AFC Championship Game, sources said. While McCourty is expected to be ready for the start of training camp, the surgery has naturally affected his offseason, adding a rehabilitation element to it.
More Sports News
- Syracuse, Minnesota to meet in Texas Bowl
- Palmer, Cardinals easily beat Rams
- No. 19 Badgers-No. 8 Gamecocks in Capital One Bowl
- 2013-14 college football bowl roundup: Who's going where?
- Packers end 5-game slide, beat Falcons 22-21
- Ravens rally past Vikings 29-26 on icy field
- Report: German president to boycott Olympics
- Broncos 51, Titans 28
- Fundraiser brings Kenya runners to U.S.