No. 11 Kansas 91, Texas Christian 69: Andrew Wiggins scored 19 of his career-high 27 points in the first half as the Jayhawks routed the Horned Frogs.Joel Embiid added 14 points and six rebounds while Wayne Selden, Jr. chipped in 12 points for Kansas (15-4, 6-0 Big 12), which shot 57.4 percent and avenged last season's stunning 62-55 loss at TCU. The Jayhawks have won six straight following a four-point loss to San Diego State on Jan. 5.Brandon Parrish led TCU (9-10, 0-7) with 15 points and Amric Fields had 13 points and seven rebounds. Kyan Anderson chipped in 12 points and eight assists for the Horned Frogs, who have lost their first seven Big 12 games by an average of 17.4 points.Kansas shot 61.5 percent in the first half and led 53-32 at the break and was never threatened after intermission. The Jayhawks, off to a 6-0 start in league play for the third straight year, never trailed and led by 23 with 12 minutes to play.Perry Ellis collected eight points and a career-high 14 rebounds for Kansas, which outrebounded the Horned Frogs 40-24. The Jayhawks held TCU to 30.8 percent shooting in the first half and rested most of their starters for much of the second.GAME NOTEBOOK: Embiid gave the Jayhawks a brief scare early in the second half when he fell to the floor clutching his left knee, but returned to action after a quick visit to the bench. … Kansas improved to 12-1 this season when shooting at least 50 percent. ... Christian Gore had 11 points for TCU, which is down to eight scholarship players.
More Sports News
- Oscar Pistorius: Expert, friend take stand
- WIAA proposal would artificially increase enrollment at private schools
- Blair-Taylor's Kujak follows in family's footsteps
- AP source: Lions, Bell agree to 3-year $9.3M deal
- Restricted LB Lattimore gets offer from Packers
- Everson Griffen overly eager to pay back Vikings
- Report: Dallas Seavey wins second Iditarod
- Report: Jackson, Knicks finalizing deal
- Browns close with Whitner; Revis next?