The Baltimore Ravens did want Ed Reed back. That's the message Kevin Byrne, senior vice president, public & community relations, wanted to make perfectly clear in a story recently posted on the team website. Byrne responded to Baltimore Sun columnist Mike Preston writing, "Ravens coach John Harbaugh wanted Reed back as much as he wants a root canal." That portion of Preston's Monday column said there was no real bidding war between the Houston Texans and Ravens -- that the Ravens' activity was more out of respect to Reed than a true desire to re-sign the safety. "I really got pissed this week," Byrne wrote. "Fact is the sentence in no way reflected John's feelings about the future Hall of Famer Reed."
More Sports News
- 2014 World Cup: Brazil vs. Croatia in opener
- Florida State, Auburn to square off for national championship
- No. 19 Badgers-No. 8 Gamecocks in Capital One Bowl
- Syracuse, Minnesota to meet in Texas Bowl
- Palmer, Cardinals easily beat Rams
- 2013-14 college football bowl roundup: Who's going where?
- Packers end 5-game slide, beat Falcons 22-21
- Ravens rally past Vikings 29-26 on icy field
- Report: German president to boycott Olympics