If there were an all-star game this season, Nazem Kadri surely would be going for the Leafs. Kadri scored two goals in a wild affair here Thursday night in a game that was full of excitement and didn’t end until Steve Ott, the sixth player in the shootout for the Sabres, beat James Reimer to hand Buffalo a 5-4 win. The Leafs may have also lost winger Leo Komarov, who left the ice in the second period with an apparent hand injury. There was no immediate update on his condition, but the Leafs have Marlies captain Ryan Hamilton on hand, called up after Joffrey Lupul’s two-game suspension was announced. Kadri, meanwhile, who added an assist for his second straight three-point night, is taking Leafs Nation by storm. Lupul had been paired with Kadri for two games after returning from a seven-week injury layoff last Saturday. The two showed instant chemistry and there was some concern that Kadri would lose some of that recent fire without Lupul. That wasn’t the case.
More Sports News
- UW-L's Calahan Skogman: "a wolverine on the court, a teddy bear off it"
- Sochi 2014: Protest zones at Winter Olympics
- Jordy Nelson to star in Nicktoons show Wed. night
- Cheerleader tries to trip player after score
- Report: Rodgers' return this week in doubt
- NFL roundup: Jones back Cowboys DC Kiffin
- MLB roundup: D-backs get Trumbo, Rockies acquire Anderson
- Reports: Boise State hires Arkansas State's Harsin
- Could Saban be Texas-bound?