Mark Sanchez may have a leg up on the quarterback competition, but he'll have to beat out nine-year veteran David Garrard to earn the job. The Jets announced the signing of Garrard, a 2009 Pro Bowler with more than 16,000 career passing yards and a completion rate of nearly 62 percent, Monday afternoon. Garrard joins a crowded depth chart that now includes Sanchez, Greg McElroy, Tim Tebow and Matt Simms. Tebow, though, is not expected to remain on the roster for long. Garrard signed with the Dolphins last March but did not see any action in the regular season. He was cut in early September after receiving arthroscopic surgery on his knee.
More Sports News
- Christie is a fan of who??
- Heat force decisive game 7 against Spurs
- Report: Ramirez no longer with team in Taiwan
- Blackhawks count on Hossa's return
- D Voynov, Kings agree on new contract
- Report: Beckham received NFL interest
- Phillies' Lee runs winning streak to seven
- Report: Pats' Hernandez questioned in homicide case
- Yankees' Teixeira returns to DL