The Phoenix Coyotes have traded forward Joel Rechlicz to the Washington Capitals in exchange for forward Matthew Clackson. In 36 games with the Portland Pirates of the American Hockey League this season, the 25-year-old Rechlicz has racked up 149 penalty minutes. He was originally signed as an undrafted free agent by the New York Islanders in 2008. He has appeared in 26 NHL games with the Islanders and Capitals, registering one assist and 105 penalty minutes. He was signed by the Coyotes as an unrestricted free agent last summer. Clackson, 25, has appeared in 19 games with the AHL's Hershey Bears this season. He has scored one goal and two assists and racked up 36 penalty minutes.
More Sports News
- Ravens rally past Vikings 29-26 on icy field
- Packers end 5-game slide, beat Falcons 22-21
- Fundraiser brings Kenya runners to U.S.
- Sports Round Up - Dec. 7 2013
- Packers seek to end slide when Falcons visit
- Robinson's name goes up at Lambeau Field
- Travelers warned ahead of Packers game
- Minnesota defeats New Orleans 80-65
- Backup G Marshall leaves No. 8 Wisconsin