Spurs point guard Tony Parker has been ruled out of Sunday’s rodeo road trip finale with a right triceps contusion, the team reported this afternoon. It is unclear whether the five-time All-Star suffered the arm injury in the Spurs’ 107-101 overtime loss at Golden State on Friday night, or in practice this morning before departing San Francisco. Parker scored 18 points in the defeat, his career-best 48th consecutive game in double figures but also his lowest-scoring game since putting up 17 in a Jan. 16 victory over Memphis. Parker was the Western Conference’s Player of the Month for January, in which he averaged 21.9 points and 7.9 assists and shot 56.3 percent. He has built a solid case to repeat in February, averaging 26.6 points, 8.4 assists and shooting 55.2 percent this month.
More Sports News
- Yankees' Teixeira returns to DL
- Minnesota native Joey King transfers to Gophers
- Frazier plays Vikings' interest in Bishop coy
- Report: Clippers end talks with Celtics
- Chad Johnson says he's 'learned lesson'
- Falcons' Gonzalez named PFWA Good Guy
- Bus carrying Twins minor leaguers involved in fatal crash
- Red Wings' Datsyuk agrees to extension
- Heat is on James, Miami in Game 6