Washington will waive winger Joey Crabb Friday, the team announced prior to Thursday’s game against the Winnipeg Jets. Crabb, 29, was designated as a non-roster player Thursday, opening a spot on the 23-man active roster for the Caps to activate Mike Green from the injured reserve list. Crabb is on a one-year, one-way contract worth $950,000. Should Crabb clear waivers at noon (EDT) Saturday, the Capitals will assign him to the American Hockey League’s Hershey Bears. If Crabb is sent to Hershey, Washington will carry a salary cap hit of $50,000 from his contract. Washington signed Crabb to the one-year deal as an unrestricted free agent last summer. In 26 games with the Capitals, the Alaska native recorded two goals, eight penalty minutes and a minus-1 rating playing largely in a fourth-line role. Crabb was a healthy scratch in two of the past five games.
More Sports News
- Sochi 2014: Protest zones at Winter Olympics
- Jordy Nelson to star in Nicktoons show Wed. night
- Cheerleader tries to trip player after score
- Report: Rodgers' return this week in doubt
- NFL roundup: Jones back Cowboys DC Kiffin
- MLB roundup: D-backs get Trumbo, Rockies acquire Anderson
- Reports: Boise State hires Arkansas State's Harsin
- Could Saban be Texas-bound?
- NFL to Super Bowl tailgaters: 1 parking spot per car