Brad Marchand has been diagnosed with a mild concussion. Marchand was injured in last night’s second period when he was elbowed by New Jersey’s Anton Volchenkov. The Devils defenseman was suspended for four games for the hit. The Bruins are already without Patrice Bergeron, Marchand’s usual center, because of a concussion. Neither will play tonight against New Jersey. Marchand is the team’s leading scorer with 16 goals and 17 assists for 33 points. Marchand is averaging 17:10 of ice time per game, including 1:55 on the power play and 1:11 on the penalty kill. Marchand is one of the team’s most important all-around forwards.
More Sports News
- 2014 World Cup: Brazil vs. Croatia in opener
- Florida State, Auburn to square off for national championship
- No. 19 Badgers-No. 8 Gamecocks in Capital One Bowl
- Syracuse, Minnesota to meet in Texas Bowl
- Palmer, Cardinals easily beat Rams
- 2013-14 college football bowl roundup: Who's going where?
- Packers end 5-game slide, beat Falcons 22-21
- Ravens rally past Vikings 29-26 on icy field
- Report: German president to boycott Olympics