The Calgary Flames announced Monday night that they have dealt veteran defenseman Jay Bouwmeester to the St. Louis Blues in exchange for St. Louis' 2013 first-round pick, defenseman Mark Cundari and goaltender Reto Berra. In the event St. Louis does not qualify for the 2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Flames will receive St. Louis' fourth-round selection in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, and the first-round pick will be deferred to the 2014 NHL Draft. Cundari, a native of Woodbridge, Ont., is currently in his third professional season with Peoria of the American Hockey League. In 56 games this season, he has seven goals, 18 assists and 80 penalty minutes.
More Sports News
- No. 4 Wisconsin beats UW-Milwaukee 78-52
- Vikings: Peterson not ready for practice yet
- Rodgers watch resumes for Packers
- Hart rejects Brewers offer, signs with Seattle
- UW-L's Calahan Skogman: "a wolverine on the court, a teddy bear off it"
- Sochi 2014: Protest zones at Winter Olympics
- Jordy Nelson to star in Nicktoons show Wed. night
- Cheerleader tries to trip player after score
- Report: Rodgers' return this week in doubt