Columbus Blue Jackets center Artem Anisimov was taken off the ice on a stretcher early in the second period of their game against the Detroit Red wings. Anisimov was leveled by a hit from Detroit defenseman Kyle Quincey 3:48 into the second period. Anisimov hit his head on the ice and did not get up. He was strapped to a stretcher and his head and neck were immobilized before he was wheeled off. Anisimov was skating toward the back of the net alongside Detroit's Ian White when he lost his balance. Quincey landed a blow to Anisimov's head with his left fist or forearm that did not appear to be intentional.
More Sports News
- Chad Johnson says he's 'learned lesson'
- Falcons' Gonzalez named PFWA Good Guy
- Bus carrying Twins minor leaguers involved in fatal crash
- Red Wings' Datsyuk agrees to extension
- Heat is on James, Miami in Game 6
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- Report: 3 Navy players to be charged with rape
- Scherzer becomes first to reach 10-0 in 16 years
- Arizona's Kennedy drops his appeal