Nnamdi Asomugha is coming back to the Bay Area. According to NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport, the 49ers and Asomugha have agreed to a one-year deal worth up to $3 million. Adam Schefter of ESPN is reporting that his 2013 base salary will be $1.35 million, and that the 31-year-old did not want any guaranteed money. The cornerback had allegedly been deciding between signing with the 49ers or the Saints. Asomugha is coming off a disappointing stint in Philadelphia where he signed in 2011 as the top free agent in the market. Before that, he spent eight years in Oakland. In case you forgot how deep his Bay Area roots go, Asomugha also played his college ball at Cal.
More Sports News
- UW-L's Calahan Skogman: "a wolverine on the court, a teddy bear off it"
- Sochi 2014: Protest zones at Winter Olympics
- Jordy Nelson to star in Nicktoons show Wed. night
- Cheerleader tries to trip player after score
- Report: Rodgers' return this week in doubt
- NFL roundup: Jones back Cowboys DC Kiffin
- MLB roundup: D-backs get Trumbo, Rockies acquire Anderson
- Reports: Boise State hires Arkansas State's Harsin
- Could Saban be Texas-bound?