WEST ALLIS, Wis. (WKBT) - The Wisconsin State Fair has pulled a ride similar to the one that malfunctioned at the Ohio State Fair.
In an official statement, the Wisconsin State Fair said the Freak Out ride, similar to the Fire Ball, will not be a part of their SpinCity Amusement Ride and Game area.
Out of respect for the families affected by the tragedy, as well as the pending investigation of the accident, the Wisconsin State Fair Park Chairman of the Board, John Yingling, along with Kathleen O'Leary, Wisconsin State Fair Park CEO, made the decision to not have the Freak Out at the fair this year, the release said.
According to the release, the Wisconsin State Fair holds itself to the highest standards, and the safety of their guests is their number one priority. They will continue their ride inspection process, which includes inspecting all rides multiple times prior to and during the fair.
Their staff will work in partnership with independent ride inspection professionals as well as the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services to inspect each ride and attraction, the release said.
- Republicans say Democratic governor could block Foxconn
- Body found in woods identified as missing teenager
- 13 train cars derailed north of La Crescent Sunday
- Legislators to take comments on relaxing air pollution rules
- Wisconsin school, district report cards issued for 2016-17
- Some school performance reports called into question
- Democratic lawmakers tour Wisconsin juvenile prisons
- La Crosse County adding special election to spring ballot for County treasurer
- Wisconsin report cards now available for school districts
- Assignment: Education - North Woods International Service Dog