The law, which was effective Sunday, affects log haulers and transporters of salt or abrasives for winter maintenance.The frozen road declaration applies to all numbered state and federal highways, but does not apply to Interstate highways.
The law will allow heavier loads for trucks carrying peeled or unpeeled forest products, salt and sand for winter maintenance until about early March.Special permits for hauling increased weights are not required but vehicles must be legally licensed at 80,000 pounds to handle the increased weights.
- La Crosse County felony cases hit 20-year high
- 2017 Wisconsin gun deer hunt's complete guide
- Hunters prepare for gun-deer season
- More deer, younger hunters expected for Wisconsin gun season
- Representative Kind introduced bill to manage CWD
- Hunters in Trempealeau County to watch for ear tagged deer
- Champs again: Bangor Football
- Milwaukee unveils blueprint to prevent violence in the city
- Minnesota doctors face opioid prescribing limits
- Worker injured in Wisconsin cheese plant explosion, fire