A jury has found a Madison man guilty of two counts of sexual assault, and one count of child abuse.
It took the jury nearly 11 hours to return with the verdict for Joshua Drabek, now 20, who was accused of sexually assaulting his stepsister when he was 13 and the girl was 9.
Several witnesses testified Thursday morning before brief closing arguments from both sides.
Defense attorney Ronald Benavides said the teen has given conflicting statements about when the assaults happened, calling her accusations into question.
The teen fled her home in February 2012 and later told doctors at a hospital where she was taken that she had been starved and sexually assaulted.
Drabek allegedly assaulted his stepsister when he was 13 and the girl was 9. Drabek pleaded no contest to sexual assault charges in November 2011 in a case involving a different girl.
The teen ran away from home in February 2012. She told investigators her father and stepmother locked her in their basement and refused to feed her. They were convicted on child abuse charges at separate trials.
The teen testified Tuesday about being bullied by her brother and beaten with a wiffle ball bat. She said she feared if she told adults about the sexual abuse they would not believe her.