WINONA, Minn. - Twenty-three was the number for an event at Winona Middle School Saturday.
Winona National Bank marked its 23rd Annual Chili Cookoff with 23 entries from local businesses.
For $10 attendees received all-you-can-eat chili, live entertainment and a ballot for the public tasters' choice award.
The event raised money for Ready Set School, which is a voucher program that helps Winona county children buy essential school supplies from local stores.
"For Ready Set School, this is their fundraiser kickoff for all of 2017, so we like to start off with the biggest bang that we can, and hopefully bring in as much as we can for them,”Ben Knuesel, marketing coordinator at Winona National Bank, said.
Winona National Bank said, in the past, the event has raised $5,000 to $6,000.
- Officer, 3 others die in Wisconsin shootings
- Man wanted for retail theft leads area authorities on high speed chase
- Local fire departments work to hire, retain firefighters
- La Crosse man arrested for armed robbery, police looking for another
- Neighborhood revitalization projects in full swing this year
- Poll finds no consensus on Wisconsin roads funding
- Drug and alcohol prevention program expanding to local schools
- Onalaska hires new City Administrator
- Wisconsin fugitive convicted of kidnapping Michigan student
- Police: 2 critically hurt in Wisconsin shooting