WINONA, Minn. - Twenty-three was the number for an event at Winona Middle School Saturday.
Winona National Bank marked its 23rd Annual Chili Cookoff with 23 entries from local businesses.
For $10 attendees received all-you-can-eat chili, live entertainment and a ballot for the public tasters' choice award.
The event raised money for Ready Set School, which is a voucher program that helps Winona county children buy essential school supplies from local stores.
"For Ready Set School, this is their fundraiser kickoff for all of 2017, so we like to start off with the biggest bang that we can, and hopefully bring in as much as we can for them,”Ben Knuesel, marketing coordinator at Winona National Bank, said.
Winona National Bank said, in the past, the event has raised $5,000 to $6,000.
- Craft brewers fear last-minute regulations in budget
- Klobuchar promotes Guard and Reserve legislation
- Aspen Dental offers free dental care to veterans
- Ex-Wisconsin teacher sentenced for sexual assault of student
- Company: 5th worker has died after Wisconsin mill explosion
- Mayo Clinic opens in Belle Square
- ReNew La Crosse celebrates neighborhood revitalization efforts
- UW-L science camps offer kids hands-on learning
- Study provides more accurate estimates of genetic breast, ovarian cancer risk
- Rotary racks up the ribs with annual 'Rock-n-Ribs' event