WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - The Packers may have come up short in their bid to return to the Super Bowl, but one area company is still busy making items for the big game.
Wincraft in Winona has been making NFL merchandise for 50 years now. They say they started production on Super Bowl 51 memoriabilia just after last night's conference championship games ended.
Even though the Super Bowl matchup wasn't determined until late Sunday night, Wincraft started planning for this year's line of merchandise months ago.
"We look forward to it every year, we plan on it," said Vice President of Product Management David Schipper. " (We) start planning on it in September, what our designs are going to look like, who's going to be in it."
Wincraft is making about 20 different pieces of NFC and AFC champion memorabilia. Once the Super Bowl is over, they'll be making up to 45 different products for the Super Bowl champs.
- University of Wisconsin, DNR and K-12 schools in spotlight
- Democrat Cullen won't run for governor
- Four arrested in La Crosse on drug charges
- Police investigate threat at Westby Middle School
- Train derailment in Prairie du Chien late Wednesday
- The Latest: DNR secretary defends eliminating magazine
- Wisconsin closer to calling for constitutional convention
- Wisconsin lawmakers offer differing views of youth prison
- Access to crime database stirs debate in Minneapolis
- Unlicensed service cuts down city-owned trees in St. Paul