WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - The Packers may have come up short in their bid to return to the Super Bowl, but one area company is still busy making items for the big game.
Wincraft in Winona has been making NFL merchandise for 50 years now. They say they started production on Super Bowl 51 memoriabilia just after last night's conference championship games ended.
Even though the Super Bowl matchup wasn't determined until late Sunday night, Wincraft started planning for this year's line of merchandise months ago.
"We look forward to it every year, we plan on it," said Vice President of Product Management David Schipper. " (We) start planning on it in September, what our designs are going to look like, who's going to be in it."
Wincraft is making about 20 different pieces of NFC and AFC champion memorabilia. Once the Super Bowl is over, they'll be making up to 45 different products for the Super Bowl champs.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- Belle Square development moves forward
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- Walker signs bill allowing minors at music festivals
- Minnesota lawmaker aims to make it harder to avoid vaccines