WINONA, Minn. (WKBT) - The Packers may have come up short in their bid to return to the Super Bowl, but one area company is still busy making items for the big game.
Wincraft in Winona has been making NFL merchandise for 50 years now. They say they started production on Super Bowl 51 memoriabilia just after last night's conference championship games ended.
Even though the Super Bowl matchup wasn't determined until late Sunday night, Wincraft started planning for this year's line of merchandise months ago.
"We look forward to it every year, we plan on it," said Vice President of Product Management David Schipper. " (We) start planning on it in September, what our designs are going to look like, who's going to be in it."
Wincraft is making about 20 different pieces of NFC and AFC champion memorabilia. Once the Super Bowl is over, they'll be making up to 45 different products for the Super Bowl champs.
- Klobuchar promotes Guard and Reserve legislation
- Aspen Dental offers free dental care to veterans
- Ex-Wisconsin teacher sentenced for sexual assault of student
- Company: 5th worker has died after Wisconsin mill explosion
- UW-L science camps offer kids hands-on learning
- Mayo Clinic opens in Belle Square
- ReNew La Crosse celebrates neighborhood revitalization efforts
- Study provides more accurate estimates of genetic breast, ovarian cancer risk
- Rotary racks up the ribs with annual 'Rock-n-Ribs' event
- Celebrate Onalaska kicks off