LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Those stuck in the hospital are receiving a little extra love this Valentine's Day.
Both health workers and patients at Gundersen Health System received Valentine's Cards Tuesday from La Crosse area students. More than 2,400 cards were delivered, each made by La Crosse elementary students and UW-La Crosse Lion's Club members.
"It's very rewarding when you walk into a patient's room and you see the smile on their face when you hand them a Valentine's Day card. That's what makes it all worthwhile,” said UW-La Crosse Lion’s Club Secretary Katie Aleff.
The UWL Lion's Club began handing out Valentine's Day cards to patients and staff last year.
- La Crosse County felony cases hit 20-year high
- 2017 Wisconsin gun deer hunt's complete guide
- Hunters prepare for gun-deer season
- More deer, younger hunters expected for Wisconsin gun season
- Representative Kind introduced bill to manage CWD
- Hunters in Trempealeau County to watch for ear tagged deer
- Champs again: Bangor Football
- Milwaukee unveils blueprint to prevent violence in the city
- Minnesota doctors face opioid prescribing limits
- Worker injured in Wisconsin cheese plant explosion, fire