U.S. Army veteran Jason Lowman had back surgery and received blood after he was injured during his second tour in Iraq.
Now the 16-year veteran is partnering with the BloodCenter of Wisconsin to help raise awareness of the critical need for blood donors who can make a life-saving impact.
“It’s a noble thing to do,” Lowman said.
Blood donors can schedule an appointment by calling 1-877-BE-A-HERO (1-877-232-4376) or by visiting www.bcw.edu or m.bcw.edu on their mobile devices. Appointments are preferred, but walk-in donors are also welcome.
Here’s a list of upcoming blood drives:
- La Crosse. Friday, May 9, 2014 from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Valley View Mall, La Crosse, 3800 State Road 16.
- La Crosse. Monday, May 12, 2014 from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at St. Joseph's Ridge Community, N1800 Town Hall Road.
- La Crosse. Tuesday, May 13, 2014 from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at La Crosse Government Employees, 300 North 4th St.
- La Crosse. Monday, May 19, 2014 from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at Christ Episcopal Church La Crosse, 111 North 9th St.
- La Crosse. Tuesday, May 20, 2014 from 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at St James The Less Catholic Church, 1102 Caledonia St.
- Onalaska. Thursday, May 22, 2014 from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Unitedhealthcare/UMR, 2700 Midwest Dr.