LA CROSSE, Wisc - La Crosse Police responded to a one vehicle crash at 2400 Gillette Street on the city's north side around 4 a.m. Friday. 29 year-old, Eric J. Butzler died at the scene.
A passerby had spotted a vehicle off the road. Officers found that the male driver had left the roadway and struck a tree down an embankment while traveling eastbound.
It appears the crash happened earlier in the morning.
The crash remains under investigation by the La Crosse Police Department and the La Crosse County Medical Examiner's office.
Westbound traffic on Gillette Street was temporarily rerouted while emergency crews worked at the scene.
- News 8 Investigates - Watching the Watchers
- Looking ahead: Spring road construction
- Winter thaw reveals needles in streets
- Driver identified in bizarre car crash Sunday
- Man puts meth in tip jar and cash
- Warm weather creates dangerous ice conditions
- News 8 Sports Round Up - February 20, 2017
- Oktoberfest officials move Festmaster's Ball to August
- Wisconsin Primaries includes one La Crosse district, State Superintendent
- Woman found guilty of killing bicyclist while texting