LA CROSSE, Wisc - La Crosse Police responded to a one vehicle crash at 2400 Gillette Street on the city's north side around 4 a.m. Friday. 29 year-old, Eric J. Butzler died at the scene.
A passerby had spotted a vehicle off the road. Officers found that the male driver had left the roadway and struck a tree down an embankment while traveling eastbound.
It appears the crash happened earlier in the morning.
The crash remains under investigation by the La Crosse Police Department and the La Crosse County Medical Examiner's office.
Westbound traffic on Gillette Street was temporarily rerouted while emergency crews worked at the scene.
- Repeat drug offender in La Crosse held on $50,000 cash bond
- Officials: Poisonous hemlock spreading in parts of Minnesota
- Lawsuits complain that 2x4s, other boards don't measure up
- Former tent city residents find housing
- Protester arrested outside Trump rally faces assault charge
- Man steals police car, leads officers on chase
- Man accused of biting baby daughter to go on trial in August
- Prosecutors seek to uphold 'Making a Murderer' confession
- Iowa couple charged after disabled woman burned in bath
- Trump's putdown of wind energy whips up a backlash in Iowa