LA CROSSE, Wisc - La Crosse Police responded to a one vehicle crash at 2400 Gillette Street on the city's north side around 4 a.m. Friday. 29 year-old, Eric J. Butzler died at the scene.
A passerby had spotted a vehicle off the road. Officers found that the male driver had left the roadway and struck a tree down an embankment while traveling eastbound.
It appears the crash happened earlier in the morning.
The crash remains under investigation by the La Crosse Police Department and the La Crosse County Medical Examiner's office.
Westbound traffic on Gillette Street was temporarily rerouted while emergency crews worked at the scene.
- Police investigate threat at Westby Middle School
- State Republicans propose bill allowing concealed carry without permit
- UPDATE: Onalaska mother-daughter in animal cruelty case back in court
- Four arrested in La Crosse on drug charges
- Officer killed along with 3 others in Wisconsin laid to rest
- Man wrongly named person of interest in 1989 abduction sues
- Changes coming to drug monitoring program
- La Crosse County ranks 16th in state for health, study shows
- Sparta High School students learn about serving others in La Crosse
- La Crosse officers attend funeral of slain Wausau detective