LA CROSSE, Wisc - La Crosse Police responded to a one vehicle crash at 2400 Gillette Street on the city's north side around 4 a.m. Friday. 29 year-old, Eric J. Butzler died at the scene.
A passerby had spotted a vehicle off the road. Officers found that the male driver had left the roadway and struck a tree down an embankment while traveling eastbound.
It appears the crash happened earlier in the morning.
The crash remains under investigation by the La Crosse Police Department and the La Crosse County Medical Examiner's office.
Westbound traffic on Gillette Street was temporarily rerouted while emergency crews worked at the scene.
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Task force catches more criminals exploiting children online
- Wisconsin's youth prison hit with another lawsuit
- Belle Square development moves forward
- ‘Go Red for Women' La Crosse luncheon highlights heart disease among women
- La Crosse city departments host ‘City Open House' for residents
- New La Crosse Fire Chief approved by Fire Commission
- Wisconsin judge drops power line construction ban
- Walker signs bill allowing minors at music festivals
- Minnesota lawmaker aims to make it harder to avoid vaccines