LA CROSSE, Wisc - La Crosse Police responded to a one vehicle crash at 2400 Gillette Street on the city's north side around 4 a.m. Friday. 29 year-old, Eric J. Butzler died at the scene.
A passerby had spotted a vehicle off the road. Officers found that the male driver had left the roadway and struck a tree down an embankment while traveling eastbound.
It appears the crash happened earlier in the morning.
The crash remains under investigation by the La Crosse Police Department and the La Crosse County Medical Examiner's office.
Westbound traffic on Gillette Street was temporarily rerouted while emergency crews worked at the scene.
- Historic building project complete; now includes affordable housing
- Onalaska authorities continue to search for man on the run
- 'Candy Man' agrees to surrender medical license
- Wisconsin DPI considers easing license requirements to ease teacher shortage
- Annual Iverson Freking Awards handed out at luncheon
- Assembly speaker says his job is harder than governor's
- Alternative transportation forum looks to the future
- Highway 53 steering committee considering options for corridor development
- Toyota donates nearly $15,000 to La Crosse YWCA
- Buzz's Bikes building still looking for new owners