La Crosse authorities have released the names of those involved in the head-on accident Tuesday afternoon in the Town of Holland.
La Crosse County Sheriff's Office was called to a head-on collision on County Highway V, in the Town of Holland around 3:30 p.m. on August 8.
A Jeep Liberty, traveling north on County Highway V, appears to have crossed the center line and struck a southbound Ford Focus.
Melissa Ann Woten, 28, of Trempealeau, the passenger in the front seat of the Ford Focus, was pronounced dead at the scene. David J. Hatch, 26, the driver of the car and a 6-year-old passenger in the back seat, were both injured in the crash.
The driver of the Jeep Liberty, John C. Rinartz, 46, was also injured in the crash and taken to an area hospital.
The Wisconsin State Patrol is assisting the La Crosse County Sheriff's Office in reconstructing the accident as it remains under investigation.
- Body found in woods identified as missing teenager
- Wisconsin National Guard squadron welcomed home after landing in Volk Field
- Grant allows school reading program to continue, expand
- Gubernatorial candidate Mitchell makes campaign stop in La Crosse
- Rotary Lights: What it takes to set it all up
- Aquinas students drop off 4,100 pounds of food, items to WAFER food pantry
- Coulee Council on Addictions receives bikes from Toyota of La Crosse
- UW-Madison's corporate partnerships raise ethical concerns
- 3 hunters shoot themselves on Wisconsin gun deer opener
- Human remains found in Juneau County