HOLMEN, Wis. (WKBT) - Two separate grass fires in Holmen Tuesday afternoon kept firefighters busy.
Holmen's Fire Chief, Paul Menches, calls the fires 'substantial.'
The call for the fires came in just before 3:00 p.m. and the fires were put out about an hour later.
The first one started along Highway 53, south of Holmen Drive. The second was north of McHugh Rd., also along Hwy. 53.
Chief Menches says the entire department was sent out and split between the two fires.
The highway department helped out until fire crews arrived.
The cause of the fires is unknown at this time, but may be related to the dry conditions.
No one was injured.
- Poll shows lack of support of higher taxes for roads
- Poll shows most Wisconsinites oppose repealing health law
- Democrat Vinehout registers to run for governor
- Trump's approval rating worsens in Wisconsin
- Man who died during armed robbery identified
- Gov. Walker announces campaign to promote veteran-owned businesses
- Witnesses heard engine backfire before Wisconsin plane crash
- Shop owners, police stress firework safety and legality
- Walker approval rating at highest level since October 2014
- Fireworks Recalled due to burn and injury hazards