MADISON, Wis. (AP) - President Donald Trump says he agrees "100 percent" with a proposal from Democratic U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin that would increase requirements to use American-made products in certain construction projects.
Trump voiced support for the Wisconsin Democrat's bill during an interview Tuesday with WTMJ-TV in Milwaukee. Trump signed an executive order during the Wisconsin stop designed to help American workers whose jobs are threatened by skilled immigrants.
Trump was asked during the interview if he supported a Baldwin bill that would require American iron and steel products to be used in certain drinking-water projects.
Trump says, "I do. I support the concept of everything from the U.S. ... I'm very much into that and I agree with her 100 percent."
Baldwin is up for re-election next year and is a top Republican target.
- Popular Netflix series starts suicide conversation
- Local police, organization work to reduce excessive drinking behavior
- Road closures in La Crosse this weekend
- Get rid of your unused or unwanted prescription medications this Saturday
- La Crosse celebrates Arbor Day with a tree planting
- News 8 Sports Round Up-April 28, 2017
- Community leaders observe Workers Memorial Day
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Kenosha teen stabbed at school dies
- APNewsBreak: Syrian who sued Trump brings family to US