MADISON, Wis. (AP) - President Donald Trump says he agrees "100 percent" with a proposal from Democratic U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin that would increase requirements to use American-made products in certain construction projects.
Trump voiced support for the Wisconsin Democrat's bill during an interview Tuesday with WTMJ-TV in Milwaukee. Trump signed an executive order during the Wisconsin stop designed to help American workers whose jobs are threatened by skilled immigrants.
Trump was asked during the interview if he supported a Baldwin bill that would require American iron and steel products to be used in certain drinking-water projects.
Trump says, "I do. I support the concept of everything from the U.S. ... I'm very much into that and I agree with her 100 percent."
Baldwin is up for re-election next year and is a top Republican target.
- UWL police, staff remind students of safety during Oktoberfest
- Aquinas senior earns distinguished honor
- Trial set to begin for man who stole guns, sent manifesto
- 23rd annual Tri-Quest raises money for local organizations
- Disaster drill prepares medical personnel for rural emergencies' unique challenges
- Winona Courthouse celebrates 129 years
- Oktoberfest Medallion found
- Businesses in southeast Minnesota work to grow music scene
- Man caught in farm machinery dies in west-central Wisconsin
- Training session taking applicants for La Crosse area entrepreneurs