MADISON, Wis. (AP) - President Donald Trump says he agrees "100 percent" with a proposal from Democratic U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin that would increase requirements to use American-made products in certain construction projects.
Trump voiced support for the Wisconsin Democrat's bill during an interview Tuesday with WTMJ-TV in Milwaukee. Trump signed an executive order during the Wisconsin stop designed to help American workers whose jobs are threatened by skilled immigrants.
Trump was asked during the interview if he supported a Baldwin bill that would require American iron and steel products to be used in certain drinking-water projects.
Trump says, "I do. I support the concept of everything from the U.S. ... I'm very much into that and I agree with her 100 percent."
Baldwin is up for re-election next year and is a top Republican target.
- Riders for Survivors raises money for Livestrong program
- Craft brewers fear last-minute regulations in budget
- Despite rain, Tomah Tractor Pull draws thousands
- Mississippi Valley Conservancy hosts Trail Trek Challenge
- Got Energy Triathlon tests athletes
- Mayo Clinic opens in Belle Square
- ReNew La Crosse celebrates neighborhood revitalization efforts
- UW-L science camps offer kids hands-on learning
- Study provides more accurate estimates of genetic breast, ovarian cancer risk
- Aspen Dental offers free dental care to veterans