PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, Wis. (WKBT) - At 11:15 p.m., March 29, Prairie du Chien Police responded to a train derailment between the Pattison Sand Company’s loading site on Hwy 18 and the Prairie du Chien Municipal Waste Water Treatment Plant.
Five railcars derailed. Two railcars had tipped on their side and spilled their load of sand, according to authorities.
Crawford County Emergency Management Director Jim Hackett and Burlington Northern Sante Fe Railroad were notified.
There is no access to the Campion Street Boat Landing via Campion Street.
No injuries were reported and the cause is currently under investigation.
- Spike in attempted suicides at La Crosse's Juvenile Detention Facility prompts changes
- Teen dies in Vernon County hunting accident
- Police and Fire Commission to vote on new Fire Chief Wednesday
- Walker defends property tax cut, issues veto threat
- Road for UWL ends at NCAA III Midwest Regional title game
- News 8 Sports Round Up - May 22, 2017
- Downtown businesses ask for changes to weekend street parking rules
- WisCorps launching new Inclusive Crew
- Lane closures coming to I-90 on Dresbach Bridge
- ‘Click It or Ticket' regional campaign begins in Minnesota