PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, Wis. (WKBT) - At 11:15 p.m., March 29, Prairie du Chien Police responded to a train derailment between the Pattison Sand Company’s loading site on Hwy 18 and the Prairie du Chien Municipal Waste Water Treatment Plant.
Five railcars derailed. Two railcars had tipped on their side and spilled their load of sand, according to authorities.
Crawford County Emergency Management Director Jim Hackett and Burlington Northern Sante Fe Railroad were notified.
There is no access to the Campion Street Boat Landing via Campion Street.
No injuries were reported and the cause is currently under investigation.
- Heavy rain causes huge sink hole in La Crosse
- Arcadia flooding leaves behind mess, displaces residents
- Area businesses prepare for more flooding
- Minneapolis Police Chief resigns after fatal shooting
- Catholic Charities offers assistance with Disaster Recovery
- Officials: Contrary to rumors, Neshonoc Dam not failing
- Gov. Walker declares state of emergency in 17 counties
- Experts: take necessary precautions cleaning up flood water
- Seven BNSF train cars derail in La Crosse
- WAFER Food Pantry reopens after flooding