PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, Wis. (WKBT) - At 11:15 p.m., March 29, Prairie du Chien Police responded to a train derailment between the Pattison Sand Company’s loading site on Hwy 18 and the Prairie du Chien Municipal Waste Water Treatment Plant.
Five railcars derailed. Two railcars had tipped on their side and spilled their load of sand, according to authorities.
Crawford County Emergency Management Director Jim Hackett and Burlington Northern Sante Fe Railroad were notified.
There is no access to the Campion Street Boat Landing via Campion Street.
No injuries were reported and the cause is currently under investigation.
- Police K-9 regains mobility in retirement, thanks to Gunnar's Wheels
- Former tent city residents find housing
- Judges affirm 'Making a Murderer' confession was coerced
- Assembly passes ban on pre-existing condition exclusion
- Walker approves ending work permits for 16-, 17-year-olds
- Walker signs bill allowing robot deliveries in Wisconsin
- Wisconsin Assembly passes bill targeting deadly fentanyl
- Repeat drug offender in La Crosse held on $50,000 cash bond
- Adaptive water skiing clinic helps kids of all abilities enjoy the river in La Crosse
- Water testing begins at La Crosse beaches