PRAIRIE DU CHIEN, Wis. (WKBT) - At 11:15 p.m., March 29, Prairie du Chien Police responded to a train derailment between the Pattison Sand Company’s loading site on Hwy 18 and the Prairie du Chien Municipal Waste Water Treatment Plant.
Five railcars derailed. Two railcars had tipped on their side and spilled their load of sand, according to authorities.
Crawford County Emergency Management Director Jim Hackett and Burlington Northern Sante Fe Railroad were notified.
There is no access to the Campion Street Boat Landing via Campion Street.
No injuries were reported and the cause is currently under investigation.
- Suspect in Vernon Co. standoff in custody
- Assignment: Education - Backpack meals
- La Crosse County Health Department installs two needle drop off boxes in La Crosse
- Why more people may be driving hybrid vehicles
- Trump, Walker discuss Wisconsin dairy dispute
- Giving Motherhood a microphone
- Vikings say goodbye to Adrian Peterson, will see him Week 1 vs Saints
- La Crosse Recycling Fair begins this Sunday
- ‘Youth & Government Day' offers students insight into local government
- Quarry blast shakes ground throughout Mankato