LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local auto dealer is offering a helping hand to our four-legged friends.
Toyota of La Crosse donated a check worth $5,000 to the Coulee Region Humane Society Thursday as part of their 'Toyota of La Crosse Cares' program.
20 dollars from every car sold in the month of February went toward the donation.
The Humane Society says the money will be used to take care of the hundreds of homeless animals they look after at the shelter.
"Medical needs can range anywhere from a dental to an eye surgery or a fracture in a leg. All of them of course cost money, and our budget is fairly tight, so it's because of programs like this that we are able to put that extra into particular animals and make them become more adoptable," said Coulee Region Humane Society Exec. Dir. Heather Hankins.
The dealership chooses a different local charity to support every month as part of its 'Toyota of La Crosse Cares' program.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers