LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local auto dealer is offering a helping hand to our four-legged friends.
Toyota of La Crosse donated a check worth $5,000 to the Coulee Region Humane Society Thursday as part of their 'Toyota of La Crosse Cares' program.
20 dollars from every car sold in the month of February went toward the donation.
The Humane Society says the money will be used to take care of the hundreds of homeless animals they look after at the shelter.
"Medical needs can range anywhere from a dental to an eye surgery or a fracture in a leg. All of them of course cost money, and our budget is fairly tight, so it's because of programs like this that we are able to put that extra into particular animals and make them become more adoptable," said Coulee Region Humane Society Exec. Dir. Heather Hankins.
The dealership chooses a different local charity to support every month as part of its 'Toyota of La Crosse Cares' program.
- La Crosse man arrested for armed robbery, police looking for another
- Neighborhood revitalization projects in full swing this year
- Local fire departments work to hire, retain firefighters
- Man wanted for retail theft leads area authorities on high speed chase
- Poll finds no consensus on Wisconsin roads funding
- Drug and alcohol prevention program expanding to local schools
- Onalaska hires new City Administrator
- Wisconsin fugitive convicted of kidnapping Michigan student
- Police: 2 critically hurt in Wisconsin shooting
- Majority of Wisconsin voters want to keep health care law