LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A local auto dealer is offering a helping hand to our four-legged friends.
Toyota of La Crosse donated a check worth $5,000 to the Coulee Region Humane Society Thursday as part of their 'Toyota of La Crosse Cares' program.
20 dollars from every car sold in the month of February went toward the donation.
The Humane Society says the money will be used to take care of the hundreds of homeless animals they look after at the shelter.
"Medical needs can range anywhere from a dental to an eye surgery or a fracture in a leg. All of them of course cost money, and our budget is fairly tight, so it's because of programs like this that we are able to put that extra into particular animals and make them become more adoptable," said Coulee Region Humane Society Exec. Dir. Heather Hankins.
The dealership chooses a different local charity to support every month as part of its 'Toyota of La Crosse Cares' program.
- Proposed bill aims to bring veterans into agriculture
- Small school graduates four sets of twins
- La Crosse Loggers host open house at newly renovated Lumberyard
- Onalaska removing brick crosswalks on Highway 35
- La Crosse Central holds 95th Memorial Day ceremony
- La Crosse school officials prepare for Summer Food Service Program
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 26, 2017
- 10 inmates escape from Minnesota prison; 1 still on the lam
- Wisconsin Corrections Department closes internal unit
- State delays release of comments on Walker's Medicaid plans