LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - People in La Crosse had the chance to enjoy fine art Saturday.
For the 59th year, the American Association of University Women hosted Art Fair on the Green at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse Saturday.
Around 90 artists were on campus Saturday displaying a wide variety of fine art and live music.
Tickets were $4 at the gate.
The proceeds go to scholarships and grants for high school students in the La Crosse area.
Organizers said the amount raised has grown quite a bit over the last several years.
"From 2008, we had maybe $10,000 in scholarships, whereas last year, we gave in May, $25,000 worth of scholarships, and this is spread out, it's not like its one scholarship,” said Carol Robertson, chairwoman of event.
The organization also donates to the YWCA, New Horizons and other organizations that help empower young women.
- Walker to launch re-election campaign Nov. 5 in Waukesha
- Part of Market Street, La Crosse closed for utility work
- Water-damaged cars from Hurricane Harvey may end up for sale locally
- Wisconsin prison head says more space needed
- Minnesota State considers changing tuition policy
- Watt brothers' Badgers bobblehead unveiled
- Receptionist's family sues over fatal Minnesota school blast
- Iowa City bans smoking, chewing tobacco in all city parks
- Search to resume for missing boater
- Uncertainty reigns ahead of new health care sign-up period