TOMAH, Wis. (WKBT) - A man has been arrested by the Monroe County Sheriff's Department in connection with illegal fireworks manufacturing.
Authorities said 62-year-old Emile W. Salvo of Tomah was arrested Friday after sheriff's deputies discovered that he was illegally manufacturing fireworks.
Sheriff's deputies were called to the scene of a fire after fire personnel determined a small explosion had occurred.
The Dane County Bomb Squad determined that the area was safe.
Salvo is charged with second-degree recklessly endangering safety, failure to have a fireworks manufacturing license, negligent handling of burning materials, obstructing and resisting and storage of fireworks near a dwelling.
Salvo was given a signature bond in connection with his charges with conditions.
- You participated in the Women's March. Now what?
- Local event helps connect military families
- Dayton's State of the State will set stage for 2017 session
- De Soto Area Lions Club promoting grant for flood victims
- La Crosse County proposing tourism tax
- Local family moves in to Habitat for Humanity home
- Trump to meet congressional leaders Monday at the White House
- Women's March on Madison draws thousands to protest Trump
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos
- Man died after kayak capsized, Des Moines authorities say