TOMAH, Wis. (WKBT) - A man has been arrested by the Monroe County Sheriff's Department in connection with illegal fireworks manufacturing.
Authorities said 62-year-old Emile W. Salvo of Tomah was arrested Friday after sheriff's deputies discovered that he was illegally manufacturing fireworks.
Sheriff's deputies were called to the scene of a fire after fire personnel determined a small explosion had occurred.
The Dane County Bomb Squad determined that the area was safe.
Salvo is charged with second-degree recklessly endangering safety, failure to have a fireworks manufacturing license, negligent handling of burning materials, obstructing and resisting and storage of fireworks near a dwelling.
Salvo was given a signature bond in connection with his charges with conditions.
- Felony cases keep public defenders busy while defendants wait in jail
- Kwik Trip expansion plans include 300 new jobs in La Crosse area
- 'Miracle Man:' La Crosse man survives heart attack on waterskis
- No major injuries after school bus rollover in Black River Falls
- Wisconsin DNR finds invasive carp in Wisconsin River
- Tomah VA says progress made since 2014 overdose death
- Chronic wasting disease found in buck on Winona County farm
- 2 Minnesota lawmakers to resign amid misconduct allegations
- Numbers in on opening gun/deer weekend
- Attorney: Accused Minnesota state senator to resign