TOMAH, Wis. (WKBT) - A man has been arrested by the Monroe County Sheriff's Department in connection with illegal fireworks manufacturing.
Authorities said 62-year-old Emile W. Salvo of Tomah was arrested Friday after sheriff's deputies discovered that he was illegally manufacturing fireworks.
Sheriff's deputies were called to the scene of a fire after fire personnel determined a small explosion had occurred.
The Dane County Bomb Squad determined that the area was safe.
Salvo is charged with second-degree recklessly endangering safety, failure to have a fireworks manufacturing license, negligent handling of burning materials, obstructing and resisting and storage of fireworks near a dwelling.
Salvo was given a signature bond in connection with his charges with conditions.
- Volunteers offer support for people who recently left jail
- March for Science runs through La Crosse
- Police: Stop calling about urban wild turkeys
- Study: Wisconsin will face water infrastructure problem
- Muslim teen wins right to box competitively in hijab
- Free smoke alarm campaign aims to reduce fire deaths, injuries
- WSU defense takes 2017 spring game
- News 8 Sports Round Up- April 22, 2017
- Between the Bluffs Beer, Wine and Cheese Festival draws thousands
- Community garden sees rush of Earth Day volunteers