LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A guitar is being credited with housing a La Crosse family.
Dave's Guitar Shop in La Crosse donated a guitar to the local Habitat for Humanity group to help raise money.
The guitar was won in a concert raffle, but the new owner wanted to continue paying it forward. So the guitar was re-raffled to raise money for the Habitat ReStore.
And then it happened again. The most recent winner of the guitar, the Beer By Bike Brigade, is raffling the instrument off later this year.
The first two rounds of raffles raised about $8,500, and nonprofit leaders hope to raise even more during the third raffle.
"We get volunteers to build the house, we get donations from local businesses for some of the materials, and so our houses are actually typically cheaper than building a normal house so $10,000 actually can go pretty far,” said La Crosse Area Habitat for Humanity Executive Director Kahya Fox.
The guitar will tour La Crosse before being raffled at Habitat for Humanity La Crosse Area's 10th Annual Raise the Roof Concert at Pearl Street Brewery on November 11th
- Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration transfer oversight of hospitals, Viterbo University
- Republicans say Democratic governor could block Foxconn
- Body found in woods identified as missing teenager
- 13 train cars derailed north of La Crescent Sunday
- Legislators to take comments on relaxing air pollution rules
- Wisconsin school, district report cards issued for 2016-17
- Some school performance reports called into question
- Democratic lawmakers tour Wisconsin juvenile prisons
- Hamilton Elementary students eat their way through the alphabet with the ABC Feast
- Holmen students eat ham raised by Holmen FFA club