1. True or False: There is no cure for celiac disease.
2. In addition to digestive problems, other signs and symptoms of celiac disease include:
B. Itchy, blistery skin rash
C. Headaches and fatigue
D. All of the abovee
3. True or False. Celiac disease tends to run in families.
4. Consult your child's doctor if he/she is experiencing the following symptoms of celiac disease:
C. Potbelly and foul-smelling bulky stools
D. Both A and C.
5. True or False: It's okay to start a gluten-free diet without contacting your doctor.
6. True or False: A study done by Mayo Clinic and the National Institutes of Health estimates that about 1 in 141 people in the United States have celiac disease.
7. The risk factors for celiac disease include:
A. Type 1 diabetes
B. Autoimmune thyroid disease
C. Down syndrome or Turner syndrome
D. All of the above:
8. If left untreated, celiac disease can cause:
A. Infertility and miscarriage
B. Lactose intolerance
C. Both A and B
D. None of the abovee
Click here to view the answers
- Minnesota Gov. Mark Dayton says he will finish his term despite being diagnosed with prostate cancer
- La Crosse in top 20 college towns
- Assignment: Education - Global Partners mentors Hamilton students
- Trump to take executive action advancing oil pipelines
- United Way nears campaign goal
- La Crosse County sees record home sales in 2016
- Couleecap granted $53,000 for entrepreneurial support
- End of TPP leaves farmers and business leaders concerned
- Education tax credit causes stir at Minnesota Legislature
- Dayton plots big budget with public health insurance option