MILWAUKEE (AP) - A suspected thief has been struck and killed by an SUV west of downtown Milwaukee.
Police say the 45-year-old man was hit after he ran into the street with trash bins over his head. Authorities say he had stolen them from a nearby Walgreens about 3 a.m. Friday.
Police say alcohol was found in the vehicle of the 26-year-old driver who struck the man. They say she stayed on the scene and admitted to drinking. Authorities say she was also driving on a suspended license.
- La Crosse Central student saves choking friend
- Suspect identified in quadruple Wisconsin shooting
- Walker calls for House vote on health care bill
- Walker, Scott place friendly bet on Wisconsin-Florida game
- Wisconsin lawmakers target lawmaking to lobbying path
- Mayo helps reunite boy battling cancer with lost teddy bear
- Onalaska mother-daughter in animal cruelty case back in court
- La Crosse man sentenced to 7 years in prison for attempted homicide
- Education bill would eliminate early education funding
- Drug-related treatment options lacking in La Crosse