MILWAUKEE (AP) - A suspected thief has been struck and killed by an SUV west of downtown Milwaukee.
Police say the 45-year-old man was hit after he ran into the street with trash bins over his head. Authorities say he had stolen them from a nearby Walgreens about 3 a.m. Friday.
Police say alcohol was found in the vehicle of the 26-year-old driver who struck the man. They say she stayed on the scene and admitted to drinking. Authorities say she was also driving on a suspended license.
- Viroqua chef nominated for highest honor in restaurant industry
- State to contribute $5 million to La Crosse Center renovations
- La Crosse Fire Department investigating two early morning fires
- Police searching for man who robbed Holy Smokes at gun point
- Warmer than average temperatures benefit area businesses, ski tournaments
- Kayaker found in river near Winona identified
- Democrat Kind not ruling out run for governor against Walker
- Wisconsin lawmakers ditch plans to end daylight saving time
- JJ Watt donates $10K to fund for family in Hwy. 30 wreck
- Area hotel damaged after bizare car crash