MILWAUKEE (AP) - A suspected thief has been struck and killed by an SUV west of downtown Milwaukee.
Police say the 45-year-old man was hit after he ran into the street with trash bins over his head. Authorities say he had stolen them from a nearby Walgreens about 3 a.m. Friday.
Police say alcohol was found in the vehicle of the 26-year-old driver who struck the man. They say she stayed on the scene and admitted to drinking. Authorities say she was also driving on a suspended license.
- Winona police department looking to add community outreach officers
- Poll shows lack of support of higher taxes for roads
- Poll shows most Wisconsinites oppose repealing health law
- Democrat Vinehout registers to run for governor
- Trump's approval rating worsens in Wisconsin
- Man who died during armed robbery identified
- Gov. Walker announces campaign to promote veteran-owned businesses
- Witnesses heard engine backfire before Wisconsin plane crash
- Shop owners, police stress firework safety and legality
- Outgoing Western president Lee Rasch reflects on legacy