Vernon County officials confirm a suspect is in custody in connection with an overnight standoff.
According to La Crosse County dispatch, the situation started around 11 Tuesday night with a reported armed robbery in a La Crosse area bar. The suspect allegedly used a shotgun in the robbery, drove away and ended up sitting in their vehicle for hours on a roadside between Westby and Viroqua. The La Crosse County BearCat was sent to assist.
No injuries are reported and the suspect's name has not been released.
Stay with News 8 as more details become available.
- La Crosse County felony cases hit 20-year high
- 2017 Wisconsin gun deer hunt's complete guide
- Hunters prepare for gun-deer season
- More deer, younger hunters expected for Wisconsin gun season
- Representative Kind introduced bill to manage CWD
- Hunters in Trempealeau County to watch for ear tagged deer
- Champs again: Bangor Football
- Milwaukee unveils blueprint to prevent violence in the city
- Minnesota doctors face opioid prescribing limits
- Worker injured in Wisconsin cheese plant explosion, fire