In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- SpaceX rocket explodes over Texas
- West angry over Russian convoy in Ukraine
- Mosque massacre: 65 dead in attack in Iraq
- Beijing residents dig wells outside homes
- USS Saratoga on final voyage
- Residents: The Ferguson on TV is not our town
- Who was arrested in Ferguson?
- Missouri cop on leave over inflammatory video
- Is Obama heading toward airstrikes in Syria?