In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Five Guantanamo detainees transferred
- Clinton: I support Obama's immigration plan
- Is Angelina Jolie ready to quit acting?
- Two country singers come out: Herndon, Gilman
- 10 die in storm; Bills won't play at home
- Raiders earn first win in over a year
- Sources: Darren Wilson in talks to resign
- 1 killed, 3 injured in oil platform explosion off La.
- GOP hammers case against Obama on immigration