In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Some doubt North Korea was behind Sony hack
- Somalia: Al-Shabaab commander captured
- North Korea lambasts U.S. over 'The Interview'
- Malaysia, Thailand hit with epic flooding
- 'The Interview' illegally downloaded 750,000 times on Christmas
- Local, fed probes into gym mat death continue
- NYPD: 9 arrested, accused of threatening cops
- North Korea denounces Sony's release of 'The Interview'
- Girl: Boko Haram made me wear suicide belt