In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Hong Kong protests: Can talks end stalemate?
- Police: Indiana man could be serial killer
- Who is 'Blade Runner' Oscar Pistorius?
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dies at 82
- WHO outlines next steps in Ebola crisis
- Retrial begins: Life or death for Jodi Arias
- Stocks: 6 things to know before the open
- What key Senate race means for 2016
- Canada: Soldier attack suspect 'radicalized'