In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Report: Cosby admitted obtaining Quaaludes to give to young women
- Obama on ISIS: 'This is a long-term campaign'
- Obama seeks to expand legacy abroad
- Reddit CEO Ellen Pao apologizes: 'We screwed up'
- Now it's Europe's time to decide: Save Greece or not?
- More cheese and ketchup! Buffett's Kraft Heinz stake worth $24B
- Greece keeps banks shut as Europe tightens the strings
- Greece: How did it get into this mess?
- Amazon says new 'Prime Day' will bury Black Friday