In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- McDonald's stands by rotten meat supplier
- MH17: What happens to victims' bodies next?
- Report: 48 killed in Taiwan plane crash
- Inmate gasps, snorts during Arizona execution
- Teen pilot killed at sea in quest for record
- Dutch pay respects to MH17 victims
- Fake applicants got Affordable Care Act subsidies
- Ukraine: Two military jets shot down
- Bloomberg flying to Israel to protest FAA ban