In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Sotloff friends praise his talent, passion
- Beck: Hillary Clinton will be next president
- Apparent ISIS executioner: 'I'm back, Obama'
- Did U.S. attack kill Al-Shabaab leader?
- Morgan Stanley predicts stock market surge
- Cybersecurity stocks pop. Thank the hackers
- Misery in Ukraine as conflict hits civilians
- Jury deliberating on ex-Blackwater workers
- Colts owner Jim Irsay pleads guilty to DUI