In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps arrested
- Virginia authorities check ties in unsolved cases
- First diagnosed case of Ebola in the US
- Creator of spying app arrested
- Secret Service director: WH breach 'unacceptable'
- House Dems want NY Fed hearings, too
- Morgan: I can't believe Walmart is blaming me
- How Ebola virus spreads
- ISIS closes in on Kurdish town in Syria