In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Couple sues over sperm from black donor
- Cowboys player accused of sexual assault
- Hong Kong's leaders refused to step down
- Source: CDC breach 'final straw' for Pierson
- Is N. Korea still digging tunnels to South?
- Obama spotlights economy in midterm message
- William, Kate warn paparazzi to back off baby George
- Possible misconduct in Ferguson grand jury
- Graham suspect investigated for sex assault