In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- HK police arrested for assaulting protester
- Ferguson: Small band of protesters gathers
- Top toys: Hasbro is way cooler than Mattel
- Who's 'professor' from Michael Brown autopsy?
- Tom Hanks to host DC Christmas Tree lighting
- Protests spread coast to coast
- Shoppers say 'no' to Black Thursday
- Black Friday (or Thursday) is upon us, but the deals have already begun
- Video of 12-year-old's shooting released