In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Angry clashes erupted in West Bank during 'day of rage'
- Man shoots, kills burglar who yells 'I'm pregnant!'
- Michigan jogger mauled to death by 2 dogs
- Obama to meet with Central American leaders
- Ohio State band accused of sexualized culture
- Target sent victims to Experian, which had its own leak
- Clinton blames Putin in MH17 shootdown
- Study: Dogs can feel jealous, too
- Stocks end week on sour note