In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Wall Street Journal columnist endorses Clinton
- 100 days after Brexit vote: No meltdown (yet)
- NJ train didn't have this safety system. Could it have stopped the crash?
- Ryder Cup heckler makes putt that befuddles pros
- Obama: Peres 'found room in his heart for others who suffered'
- Poll: Clinton leads Trump in Florida
- The men in Trump's boys club
- Hillary Clinton's young people problem
- Rosetta landing: Probe crash-lands on comet