In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Police: 5 held in sex assault on teen Colorado girl
- Who actually benefits from Obama's 'Middle Class Economics'?
- 1 killed, 2 hurt on set of Martin Scorsese's movie
- Plague kills dozens in Madagascar
- Lethal shelling rocks Ukraine city of Donetsk
- Judge to Hernandez jury: Enjoy Super Bowl, be vigilant
- Michelle Obama is an 'American Sniper' fan
- Measles cases in California still climbing
- Korean Air flight attendant testifies in 'nut rage' case