In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Sewol case: Fugitive billionaire's body found
- MH17: Remembering the victims
- Deaths mount in Gaza and Israel
- New York man dies after chokehold by police
- MH17 mom: "The bodies have to come back'
- Hillary Clinton would consider backing bid to limit money in politics
- MH17 crash: Rebels hand over black boxes
- Israeli tech talent tapped to fight in Gaza
- 47 shot. 5 dead. Chicago officials meet