In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Members of Black Lives Matter converge on Minneapolis-area megamall
- Finger pointing starts after NYPD officers' killings
- Pakistani security forces say several Taliban killed
- Obama condemns killing of 2 NYPD officers
- Australian mom suspected in deaths of 8 kids
- 2 NYPD officers 'assassinated'; shooter dead
- Video: Janay Rice nuzzled Ray Rice after assault
- NYPD makes 3 arrests in protest assaults
- Republicans to theaters: Don't be 'bullied,' show Sony's 'The Interview'