In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Is the U.S. holding too much oil in reserve?
- Can Facebook live up to the hype?
- The Ebola stocks: Effect of an outbreak
- NYC tabloids keep a straight face on Ebola
- Forced Ebola quarantines a good idea, some say
- Canadian shooting: What we know
- Gisele Bundchen slammed again on parenting
- 'Constantine' adds to TV's comic-book trend
- Teigen tells Twitter 'ta-ta for now'