In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- 54 dead after trawler sinks off Russian coast
- Progress, but no deal yet on Iran nuke talks
- Teen can't return home as forced chemo ends
- CBS to spin '60 Minutes' segments into movies
- Religious freedom laws: Controversial cases
- Is the GOP losing Walmart?
- Typhoon Maysak heads toward Philippines
- Surprise! Green energy surged despite cheap oil
- Add Buffett, NASCAR to those targeting Indiana