In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Defeating ISIS might take more than might
- Chiefs demolish Patriots on 'MNF'
- Stocks: 4 things to know before the open
- Ford says C-Max recall will cost $500 million
- Spanish court suspends Catalonia independence vote
- Apple iPhone 6 finally cleared for launch in China
- Inside Hong Kong's 'Umbrella Revolution'
- Hong Kong protesters defiant, refuse to leave
- U.S. dollar is on top of the world