In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- TX girl missing for 12 years found in Mexico
- Corvette Z06 among fastest cars on earth
- Report: Bombs kill 30 schoolchildren in Syria
- Who is Julia Pierson?
- Michael Dunn found guilty of Fla. teen's murder
- Airline: Ebola patient says he flew on United
- Man gets 30 years for Oregon Christmas plot
- Skittish investors cause stocks to plummet
- Boston Herald apologizes for Obama cartoon