In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Cristiano Ronaldo immortalized in bronze
- The top 10 money stories of 2014
- Sony hires 'Scandal' inspiration for PR help
- Another blackout for Dish customers, this time Fox News
- Sony doesn't know how but says 'The Interview' will be shown
- Driver rams vehicle into French pedestrians
- Sony hack: North Korea escalates war of words
- ISIS 'more dangerous than people realize'
- U.S. facilitated imprisoned spy's wife's pregnancy