In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Gunmen target prominent Pakistani news anchor
- Families' frustration: 'Nothing is changing'
- Israeli police block U.N. envoy in Jerusalem
- S. Korea's families ask how they can go on
- Pro-Russian separatists ignore Geneva deal
- Boko Haram claims bombing, mum on kidnapping
- OPCW: Syria on track to meet weapons deadline
- Air strike in Yemen kills suspected militants
- 7.5-magnitude quake off Papua New Guinea