In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- West angry over Russian convoy in Ukraine
- Is Obama heading toward airstrikes in Syria?
- Hamas leader says militants took slain teens
- U.N. condemns execution of U.S. journalist
- Chinese fighter comes close to U.S. Navy jet
- Lauryn Hill releases song to support Ferguson
- Officials: Couple lured Amish girls with dog
- More raised for Ferguson officer than teen
- Voice may provide clues about Foley's killer