In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Bill Cosby accuser: 'At last we are being validated'
- Police recover baby's body after dad jumps off bridge
- Donald Trump digs in on immigration
- U.N.: Yemen civilian death toll passes 1,500
- Thailand: Migrant workers murder trial opens
- Walker plans Super Tuesday presidential blitz
- U.N. urges new look at Hammarskjold plane crash
- Surprise! Pet dogs are bears
- Clinton: 'People should and do trust me'