In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Peace Corps removes workers over Ebola threat
- Bergdahl to be questioned soon about capture
- BofA hit with $1.3 billion mortgage penalty
- House approves bill to overhaul VA
- Ukraine claims rebels planted mines near MH17
- Stocks end mixed after pops and drops
- Oops. Senate makes $2 billion error
- Obama lambasts Republicans for 'hatin' all the time'
- Domestic violence: Next in gun-control fight