In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Study: Alcatraz escapees could have lived
- 14 arrested in deadly meningitis outbreak
- Opinions strong on U.S.-Cuba policy change
- Stocks jump on good news from Fed
- Alan Gross flown from Cuba: 'I'm free'
- Pope aids change in U.S.-Cuba policy
- #AskACop becomes trending forum about police
- Mystery man among 5 freed in U.S.-Cuba deal
- 2016 Republicans slam Cuba announcement