In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- FBI probes Jennifer Lawrence nude photo hack
- Ebola zone: Funerals and ghost towns
- CNN mourns loss of photojournalist
- How celebrities' nude photos get leaked
- Sailors, marines rescued after chopper crash
- Cameron unveils new anti-ISIS proposals
- NATO to create 'high-readiness force'
- Brits say 'EU sucks' over vacuum cleaner ban
- Parents of son with cancer refuse UK return