In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Why is ISIS taunting the West?
- Florida loud music case back to trial
- MAVEN spacecraft enters Mars orbit
- Afghan soldiers go missing in Massachusetts
- Former Titans kicker Rob Bironas in crash
- Roethlisberger, Steelers roll past Panthers
- Ex-stepson: White House fence jumper has PTSD
- Marchers sound call for climate change action
- Sierra Leone ends 3-day Ebola lockdown