In two rulings, the Supreme Court gave major victories to same-sex couples. In the first, regarding the Defense of Marriage Act, it overturned a ban on federal benefits for same-sex married couples. In the second, on Proposition 8, a California case, the court dismissed an appeal. This means same-sex couples will be able to get married in that state.
National And World News
- Newlywed Jordan Linn Graham pleads guilty
- Memo: Did Iranians exploit visa program?
- US takes steps to ensure Obamacare coverage
- U.N. confirms chemical weapons use in Syria
- North Korea says leader's uncle was executed
- 5 reasons why Congress might pass a budget
- FCC votes to consider lifting cell phone ban
- Interpreter at Mandela memorial defends work
- Railroad to undergo safety review after crash