LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - Home gardening is becoming a little easier for the La Crosse area thanks to a few local organizations.
WisCorps, in partnership with Mayo Clinic Health System and Purple Cow Organics, is offering the four foot by four foot home gardens for its second year. The Square Foot Garden kits offer a smaller option than typical gardens to introduce home gardening to more people.
WisCorps is also donating 30 kits to the ReNew La Crosse program.
"It's a good thing to get into if you're a first-time gardener. You can grow a lot of food ina little space, 16-square-feet. It's a 4-by-4 so you get 16-square-feet to grow, and you can grow a decent bit of food for your family,” said WisCorps Operations Instructor Willie Vittner.
If you would like your own Square Foot Garden kit, there are a few still available. Each kit costs $49.
- 4 killed, 5 injured in minivan-pickup crash in NW Wisconsin
- Two people rescued from Onalaska Spillway
- Wisconsin Democrats view Republican Gov. Walker as beatable
- Man being deported after transit officer asked about status
- Thousands traveling on Memorial Day weekend
- Community shares Memorial Day plans, traditions
- Arcadia hosts annual Broiler Days Parade
- Bauer's Market has busy weekend
- News 8 Sports Round Up- May 27, 2017
- Local Radio Shack closing permanently