LA CROSSE, Wis. (WKBT) - A La Crosse Elementary school got a new appearance Saturday thanks to one business's Good Neighbor Program.
Bimbo Bakeries USA teamed up with the La Crosse School District to help give Spence Elementary a makeover.
Volunteers from Bimbo Bakeries along with parents and students from the La Crosse School district were on hand Saturday morning landscaping the main entrance.
Tony Calkins, production manager for Bimbo Bakeries, said teaming up with the school district is important because it shows appreciation to the school district.
"We've tried other avenues but they didn't work out as well. This works really well. It looks like a lot, but it's not a hard project, we just come and do it. This year everyone pretty much knew what to do, so they came in and just started planting," Calkins said.
This was the second year for the program, Fifteen people volunteered this year.
- Preliminary data shows homeless count down in La Crosse
- Former Coulee Region Chill Coach facing toughest opponent yet
- Festival Foods to purchase stores in Tomah, Eau Claire
- The Latest: Walker says Foxconn incentives tied to new jobs
- State Dept. warns of possibly tainted alcohol in Mexico
- Repairs underway on huge hole in La Crosse street caused by heavy rain
- Irishfest returning to La Crosse for 13th year
- Homeless Connect provides area homeless with resources to find help
- Summer Days Sidewalk Sale offers sales on local goods at downtown businesses
- FoxConn plant could increase Western Integrated Technology enrollment