Be apart of the conversation this Oktoberfest! #Oktoberfestlax on your fest photos, tweets, and updates to share it all with News 8. Click below to see how La Crosse is celebrating the fest time of the year!
La Crosse Oktoberfest runs Thursday, September 29th-October 2nd.
You must have an Oktoberfest 2016 button for admission to the grounds. Buttons are $10 in advance and $15 starting Thursday, September 29th.
Thursday, September 29th
- Lederhosen Luncheon: 11:30 - 1:30 p.m. at the South Side Festgrounds
- Torchlight Parade: 7 - 9 p.m. The parade begins at Kane and Gillette Streets, heads west on Gillette to Caledonia Street and then South to St. James Street.
Friday, September 30th
- Oktoberfest Opening Ceremonies: 11 a.m. at the South Side Festgrounds in La Crosse.
- Festmaster's Ball: 5 p.m. at the La Crosse Center South Hall
Saturday, October 1st
- YMCA Maple Leaf Walk/Run: 7 - 10 a.m. begins and ends in Riverside Park. All proceeds will benefit the YMCA's Annual Campaign.
- Maple Leaf Parade: 10 - 1:30 p.m. The parade begins at the corner of Clinton and Rose Streets. It heads south on Rose, continuing on to the Causeway, then bearing right just past the La Crosse River Bridge and down past the South Side Grounds. The parade continues south on 2nd Street, concluding at Jay Street. Oktobefest leaders said you should expect the parade to take three hours to pass any given point along the route.
Sunday, October 2nd
- Family Day: North Side Festgrounds. No button requirement or beer sales will be held on the North Side grounds on Sunday. Events will begin at 9:30 A.M.
Below you'll find recent videos and articles of our coverage of Oktoberfest.